As you might already be aware I am a huge stickler when it comes to keeping the interior of my car cleaned.
Not only am I always on the hunt for the right cleaning products but I’m always looking for new ways to make sure that everything inside my car stays clean and smells nice.
Before getting into steam cleaners I would always just use a regular vacuum and then scrub the carpet in my car by hand but I realize that this was an effective method and I went online to see what some alternatives were.
After realizing that I could use a steam cleaner my search for the best car steam cleaner begin and I quickly started looking at all the different options available to use for steam cleaning the carpets in my car.
The way they work is simple – A container of water is heated up and then the steam created is pressurized and then sprayed directly onto whatever needs to be cleaned.
This high-pressure blast of hot water helps to break down any of the built-up dirt and debris that’s stuck in the carpets of cars and makes it much easier to clean up.
Not only can these be used on carpets but it can also be used on upholstery, in the home, and for many other uses when it comes to cleaning.
In A Hurry? This Is The Best:
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED — Backed by a 2-year hassle-free warranty and supported by a customer service team based in Andover, KS
- CHEMICAL-FREE CLEANING — Naturally deep clean and sanitize without the use of harsh chemicals using hot, pressured steam to eliminate grease, grime, stains, and mold from a wide range of surfaces including ceramic tile, grout, granite, sealed wood flooring, laminate, appliances, grills, autos, and more
- LARGE CAPACITY TANK — The 48-ounce water tank heats up in under 8 minutes and provides up to 45 minutes of steam with optional lockable steam trigger for continuous steam cleaning. Water Fill Method- Measuring Cup (16 oz).Steam Pressure- 43 psi
- 18 VERSATILE ACCESSORIES — Equipped for steam cleaning jobs in and around your home including a floor mop, mop pads, nylon brushes, brass brush, scrub pad, squeegee, and more
- SUPERIOR REACH — An extra-long 15.7-foot power cord and over 9-foot steam hose provide added maneuverability and reach for those hard to get to places. Steam Rate- 33-37 g/min. Steam Pressure- 43 psi
When it comes to cleaning the carpets in the car one of my top recommendations is the McCulloch MC1275 Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner.
Just like the name suggests this is a heavy-duty steam cleaner and it works by guiding powerful steam onto any areas that you’re looking to get rid of dust, built-up grime, and stubborn dirt.
I also like it because it comes equipped with a 48-ounce capacity water tank that allows for up to 45 minutes of continuous steam cleaning usage and also means that there isn’t a need to refill it as often, which can be a pain when you’re out in the driveway cleaning the car.
When it comes to steaming there was actually a steam lock switch that enables a steady flow of steam without having to constantly push any buttons and it also comes with a variety of different accessories to make the entire cleaning process a lot easier.
Having all of the different accessories at hand means you’re well equipped to cleaning the carpet or even the upholstery in your car with steam and I really love the extension wands that make it easier to get into the hard-to-reach places under the seats.
The included triangle brush accessory is much better for cleaning under the seats than the larger heads and the carrying handle means there’s no having to lug it around awkwardly from the garage into the driveway or from its storage spot into somewhere convenient to use.
This little guy takes approximately eight minutes to heat up and it’s only 10 pounds in weight so it’s not that difficult to manage and the 15 foot power cord means it’s possible to use it in a wide range of areas without having to bust out an extension cord.
The Best Steam Cleaner for Cars
In this post, I want to go over some of my recommendations for what I believe are great options when it comes to the best steam cleaner for auto detailing.
- All New Stronger Tools & Accessories
- Improved Larger Floor Head Design
- Cleans & Sanitizes The Entire Home Without Chemicals
- Removes Dirt, Grease, Grime & Stains
- Kills Bed Bugs, Germs, Dust Mites, Mold & Mildew
The Vapamore MR-100 Primo Steam Cleaning System Is quite portable and comes with a wide range of different tools and accessories that make carpet cleaning much more effective than using a simple cloth and water.
It’s able to effectively remove dirt stains, grime, and grease from the carpets and upholstery in your car and it’s possible to enjoy up to 60 minutes of cleaning use per tank fill.
The tank itself offers a capacity of 1.6 liters and there’s also an adjustable steam output depending on the strength of steam you want for cleaning.
The 18-foot power cord is retractable and offers plenty of distance for cleaning the carpets in your car whether you’re in the garage or in the driveway.
Being able to produce steam up to a temperature of 220F makes it possible to clean surfaces as well as sanitize without the need of using harmful or unpleasant smelling chemicals.
Many of the included tools and accessories are great for getting deep into the carpet fibers and really scrubbing out and blasting out all of the built-up dirt and leftover debris.
Not only is this steam cleaner well suited to use for auto detailing but it can also be used for cleaning grout and other problem areas throughout the home, backyard, and garage.
- Heatwave Technology maintains consistent water temperature while...
- 3 inch Tough Stain tool for cleaning stairs, upholstery and...
- Deep Reach Tool removes embedded dirt and stains from the bottom-up ;...
- Removable water tanks for easy filling and emptying. Power Rating: 3...
- Trial Size BISSELL 2X Formula (8 oz)
The BISSELL SpotClean ProHeat Portable Spot Cleaner is great to use for spot cleaning those pesky carpet stains and getting rid of any spots and marks from the carpet in your car.
It works by taking advantage of its own DeepStain tool that’s able to remove deeply embedded dirt and other unwanted stains from carpentry and thanks to its heat wave technology the water temperature remains a steady temperature during the entire cleaning process.
At just over 9 pounds it’s quite lightweight and also small in size so it doesn’t require any awkward wrangling to remove from storage and use in the garage or driveway.
The cord length is 15 feet and the hose can stretch up to 54 inches in length so that you’re able to get right underneath the seats and clean the carpets in those hard-to-reach spots.
It comes equipped with a removable water tank that can be quickly removed and refilled and while it’s possible to use this cleaner with just water it’s a good idea to consider using it with the BISSELL formula for improved cleaning capabilities.
After steaming any areas to loosen up any stains, dirt or debris this cleaner will suck it all back up into one of the removable tanks and you’re able to see how effectively it’s working while you’re doing the cleaning.
- Cleaning tank capacity (gallons) - 0.5 , collecting tank capacity...
- For long-lasting, effective, clean, fresh, new looking, plush, pure,...
- When preparing for family to come over or tidying up for spring...
- Old pet stains, oils, wine, coffee, food and beverage stains do not...
- Rug Doctor’s pristine technology effectively scrubs surfaces using...
The Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner Machine that comes equipped with a retractable handle to make maneuvering it around quite easy and it’s well-equipped for cleaning the carpet in your vehicle.
Thanks to its portable design it can be rolled out into the garage or driveway and used to clean out those hard-to-reach spots in the car and underneath the seats.
The brush that it uses is actually motorized and this helps to scrub the fibers that are attached to it deep into the carpentry where it makes it easy to break up dirt, debris, and other built-up stains.
Although this doesn’t actually create any steam it works by using a powerful motorized brush along with an effective stain removing cleaner that helps to break down stains and dirt and then lift them up and out of the carpet with suction.
The tanks can be removed to be emptied out or refilled with water or the cleaning solution and the hose fits nicely into the device with the cleaning brush attaching directly to the outside so there’s no need to keep track of too many different parts or pieces.
- Free 9 Accessories: Our Powerful Handheld Steam Cleaner Set includes...
- Multi-Purpose Use: Our handheld steam cleaner unit is best suited for...
- Chemical Free and Safe: 100% Chemical free with no harmful fumes or...
- Powerful Hot Steam: 1050W of Power; Emits pressurized powerful hot...
- : This handheld pressurized steam cleaner is an all in one streamer....
If you’re looking for a handheld cleaner that’s portable and can be used to reach those tricky spots on the inside of your car then I would recommend checking out the Xtech Handheld Steam Cleaner.
This is a powerful steam cleaner that can be used to steam areas for anywhere between 15 and 20 minutes and it doesn’t require any special solutions or chemicals for it to be used effectively.
Simply fill it up with water, attach your preferred attachment, plug it in, and you’re good to go with something that’s lightweight, portable, and not too bulky.
It comes with a tank capacity of just about 10-ounces so even when it’s completely full it’s still a reasonably manageable weight to use in the car and the cord offers a length of 9 1/2 feet which for some might not be ideal but with an extension cord this shouldn’t be a problem.
It comes with a variety of different spray nozzles depending on where you’re trying to clean and the tightness of the area you’re looking to steam and there’s also a few other accessories that can be used in other areas throughout the car or your home.
Thanks to the measuring cup you’re able to measure exactly how much water you need for it to get working and there’s also a funnel that makes pouring the water into the cleaner a little bit easier.
This is a great little device when it comes to portable steam cleaning capabilities and if you’re looking for something lightweight that you don’t have to struggle with to get in and out of the garage or storage or you’re someone that’s doing a lot of steam cleaning on regular basis then this is one of the options I’d recommend checking out.
- 1500-watt cleaner uses pressurized steam for household cleaning. Volts...
- Naturally deep cleans and sanitizes without the use of harsh chemicals
- Large 45-ounce water tank provides up to 45 minutes of continuous...
- 15 versatile accessories including a steam mop attachment for sealed...
- Steam-on-demand trigger with continuous steam locking switch. Shipping...
The Steamfast SF-370WH Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner comes equipped with a water tank that offers 45 ounces of capacity and this results in approximately 45 minutes of continuous steam use for an extended cleaning period.
Included are a range of 15 different accessories that make it possible to clean not only the carpets in your vehicle but other areas throughout the house and garage.
This little device weighs roughly 8.42 pounds and comes with a steam hose length of just 6.5 feet which is a little bit on the short side especially if you’re looking to use it outdoors in your driveway.
It takes advantage of a boiler heating system to heat up the water for steam use and it’s ready to go after just eight minutes of meeting time.
Thanks to the wheels it can be wheeled around through the garage or down the driveway to wherever you want to use it and the steam trigger comes with a locking switch so that you’re able to enjoy a continuous flow of steam without having to hold down the trigger.