Your ATV is usually more than only a method to cut loose in the weekend; it’s your child. It’s how you connect to relatives and buddies. It’s ways to get out in nature and way from the rest of the world.
This is why it’s important to use the best parts within your ATV.
You need a battery with the toughness to stand up to hours of using tough trails. And you need plenty of chilly cranking amps to begin with in any circumstances.
You’ve used our information about the very best ATV cover, the very best RV leveling blocks, and the very best ATV rear chairs. Here’s what we must say about locating the best ATV electric battery.
The 8 Greatest ATV Electric batteries 2019 Analyzed
1 MMG YTZ14S Z14S Lithium Ion Covered Powersports Electric battery
The MMG YTZ14S is normally a compact battery pack for applications where space can be an concern. It methods 3.4”x5.9”x3.7”, and weighs only 4.14 pounds. That makes it the lightest battery we examined, and one of the smallest. It will fit in virtually any motorbike, ATV or aircraft ski. Just make certain and check the manufacturer’s site to be sure it will function for yours. If it’s as well little for your electric battery compartment, it could rattle around and trigger damage.
The reddish colored plastic case can be solidly built, as well as the electric battery contacts are appropriate for sea applications. There’s a easy test button at the top that enables you to check the existing voltage without the extra accessories. Just press the button and the current voltage will read out on a digital display.
It’s a Lithium Ion battery, which means you won’t have to worry about refilling power cells. You also won’t have to worry about burning yourself with corrosive acid. This can be a concern with lead-acid batteries, which need to be refilled periodically. Unfortunately, this electric battery will not perform aswell in the cool as much others. That is because of its little size and insufficient redundant power cells.
The MMG YTZ14S could be charged of all aftermarket chargers. You can even wear it a trickle charger to keep voltage over the wintertime. It will focus on any charger that delivers between 2.5 and 20 amps. In addition, it includes a 6 month substitute warranty, which means you can purchase it with confidence. The price is usually higher than some comparable batteries, but it’s well worth it considering the small package.
- Small size
- Works in a large number of power sports toys
- Built-in voltage tester with digital readout
- Six month replacement warranty
- Poor frosty crank amperage.
2 Yuasa YTZ10S Stock Activated FREE OF MAINTENANCE Battery
The Yuasa YTZ10S is certainly a 7.05 pound, 5.9”x3.4”x3.7” electric battery. It ties in the same small category as the MMG YTZ14S, though it’s a little heavier. This electric battery continues to be the OEM electric battery for a number of Honda motorcycles for greater than a decade. It will also fit in many other vehicles. Just check with your manufacturer first to make sure it’s compatible.
The case is made of solid black plastic. The top is slightly softer, which is normally fine when you bang a knuckle onto it in restricted quarters. The connections have restraining mounting brackets for the nut products, which really is a fine feature. You can take a flashlight inside your free of charge hand, rather than utilizing it to catch the nut. If you’re working on your ATV in the woods, you won’t shed your nuts in the leaves.
The Yuasa YTZ10S is an electrolyte packed battery. Just like a Lithium ion battery, this battery will never need to be refilled. This is an enormous plus, especially if you end up needing to perform maintenance in the field. Additionally you won’t suffer from any acidity. This electric battery delivers strong cool crank amps, and it is powerful enough to really get your ATV running smoothly below freezing.
This electric battery will charge of all aftermarket chargers. It will utilize a trickle charger. This ties well using its good cold crank amperage to make it a decent cold weather battery. It’s a little small for snowmobile use, but it’s perfect for any weather you’ll be running an ATV in. It has a one year manufacturer’s warranty. In terms of price, it’s higher than some other choices, but that’s to be expected in a compact battery.
- Small size
- Good cold crank amperage
- OEM standard for many Hondas
- Restraining bracket holds nuts in place while you’re changing the electric battery
- Twelve months manufacturer’s guarantee
3 ExpertPower PowerSport Maintenance Free Battery
The ExpertPower PowerSport is the first mid sized battery on our list. At 5.9”x5.1”x3.4”, it’s beefier compared to the earlier two electric batteries. It’s very little heavier, though. It just weighs 9 pounds. This electric battery is made for heavier responsibility power sports automobiles. It meets producer specs for a number of weighty cruisers, so that it will have no issue pushing plenty of volts for your ATV. It’s the suggested alternative to most Recon ATVs. It’s also the OEM alternative to some heavier Honda bicycles.
The situation is a bit more flimsy compared to the earlier two batteries. The very best also doesn’t mount 100 percent securely. This makes us a little nervous about the PowerSport’s durability on the trail. In terms of other features, this is a bare bones battery. The price reflects that, so it won’t break the bank. This is a budget battery that does what it advertises, and no more.
The PowerSport is a lead acid battery. While ExpertPower claims that it’s maintenance free, we have yet to see a business lead acid battery pack that doesn’t want some TLC every once in awhile. Which means that over time, it could have to be refilled. If you want to do this, perform some research throughly first. It’s secure when done correctly, but a couple of strong acids included. Spend money on some silicone gloves and chemical substance splash goggles at a smallest amount before you do that.
To hold off having to fill up the cells, maintain your battery well billed all the time. A trickle charger can help with this. Keep your battery around the charger during extended periods of inactivity, particularly over the winter. The ExpertPower PowerSport comes with a one year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Low price
- 230 chilly crank amps
- One year manufacturer’s warranty
- Flimsy case
- May require refills
4 Odyssey PC545 Powersports Battery
The Odyssey Computer545 may be the smallest electric battery we analyzed, at 3.1”x1.7”x2.7”. It’s also the heaviest, at 11.4 pounds. Everything that weight originates from the 100 % pure business lead plates that replace granulated business lead in the building. With this technology, Odyssey is able to deliver 12 volts from a package that’s smaller than most cell phones. This is a premium, purpose-built power sports electric battery. It’s nobody’s OEM, but it’s everybody’s desire. Examine your manufacturer’s recommendations to see if it’s compatible with your ATV.
One thing that impressed us about the Personal computer545 was the difficult, durable place case. It’s created from rubberized plastic material that can actually take a defeating. This electric battery will operate well to make use of on also the most tough trails. Another amazing feature of the battery may be the contact nuts. They’re large, they’re plastic, and they’re easy to hold. Kudos to Odyssey for saving us from messing around having a wrench.
This battery has a sealed style, and will will never need to be refilled. Because the lead plates are packed tightly inside, it’s also impossible to spill without taking a chainsaw to it. Because of this design, the PC545 can be mounted in virtually any construction. Right-side up, ugly or on its part, this battery is wonderful for a number of mounts.
This electric battery has smaller sized, recessed charging articles. Any charger that uses alligator videos should work good. For additional charger types, it’s better to check first. Odyssey advertises a 7-10 year life. That said, it’s sure to last longer if you keep it on a trickle charger over the winter. The PC545 comes with a two year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Pure business lead plates deliver double the energy at half the scale
- Durable building
- Large, plastic material contact nut products
- Two season manufacturer’s guarantee
- Heavier than most electric batteries
5 CB Chrome Battery YTX30L-BS
The CB YTX30L-BS is usually a larger battery, measuring 6.89”x6.64”x4.96”. At 10.73 pounds, it’s also fairly heavy. It’s the recommended OEM replacement for several Harley-Davidson cruisers, and a variety of Polaris power sports toys. It also fits in a variety of ATVs, dirt bikes and jet skis. Check your manufacturer’s guidelines to make sure it’s appropriate for your automobile.
That is another long lasting, trail-hardened battery. The situation is constructed of hard, long lasting plastic that feels as though it can endure a sledge hammer. The very best from the battery has a nonconductive aluminum guard that rests just over the terminals. You can literally drop the YTX30L-BS off your roof and it will still work. This battery comes from the manufacturing plant fully charged, so you can hook it up right away.
Like the Odyssey PC545, the CB YTX30L-BS will never need to be refilled. It has a cutting edge, Soaked up Glass Mat style that means it is not merely long-lasting, but spill-proof. This electric battery can be installed in any settings. The posts may also be sealed to lessen corrosion. This increases the life routine of the electric battery. It also delivers a insane 360 chilly cranking amps. This isn’t just a great ATV battery. It will also start your snowmobile in -30 degree weather.
This battery is compatible with most aftermarket chargers. Larger alligator clips can be harder to maneuver round the post guards. It works just good with most trickle chargers. It also comes with an 18-month manufacturer’s warranty.
- Extremely durable
- Absorbed Glass Mat technology for cutting edge performance
- Great worth for what you’re obtaining
- Insane frosty crank amperage
- 18-month manufacturer’s guarantee
- Fairly huge and large
6 CB Stainless Battery pack YTX14-BS
That is a smaller sized, lower priced edition from the CB YTX30L-BS. It methods 5.71”x5.8”x3.26”, and weighs 9.7 pounds. The CB YTX14-BS may be the suggested OEM alternative to many mid-sized Harley-Davidson cruisers. It’s also regular on many Yamaha bikes. Having said that, it’s an excellent choice for ATV owners. As constantly, check your manufacturer’s recommendations to be sure this is actually the correct battery for you personally.
This electric battery is really as well produced as its old sibling. The shell can be tough, and the very best has a identical protective light weight aluminum shield. This battery also arrives fully charged. No need to add water or put it on a trickle charger. Just hook it up, and your ATV will be ready to roll. This battery will stand up to even the most rigorous trail use.
The CB YTX14-BS will also never need to be refilled. It’s an Absorbed Glass Mat battery, which means that not only is it maintenance-free, it’s also spill-proof. This electric battery can be installed upright or on its part. It doesn’t matter. It’ll run for a long time without spilling acidity on your engine. It does flunk from the YTX30L-BS in a single category: cool crank amps. It just delivers 200, which can be sufficient for fall using, but we’d choose more in wintertime.
It’ll work very well with most aftermarket chargers. As before, the post safeguard may hinder some smaller sized alligator videos. The CB YTX14-BS posseses an 18-season manufacturer’s warranty.
- Absorbed Glass Mat technology for cutting edge performance
- 18-month manufacturer’s warranty.
- Lower cold crank amperage
7 ThrottleX Batteries – ADX9-BS – AGM Replacement Power Sport Battery
The ThrottleX ADX9-BS is usually another mid-sized battery, measuring 6”x3.43”x4.19”. It weighs only 8 pounds, making it the lightest mid-sized battery we looked at. This battery is the suggested OEM alternative to many Polaris ATVs. It’s an excellent battery for most ATVs, snowmobiles and plane skis. Consult with your producer for compatibility if this isn’t your OEM substitute battery.
The situation is constructed of a rubberized plastic. It isn’t as heavy as the more durable cases we’ve examined, but it’s good enough for trail use. The top is usually extra soft, and extends above the contact posts. We appreciated this feature, because it produced the ADX9-BS fairly drop-proof.
Since this electric battery uses Absorbed Cup Mat technology, it will never need to become refilled. It’s also spill-proof, and will be mounted in virtually any settings. Where this electric battery falls short is normally frosty crank amperage. It just delivers 120 frosty crank amps, so that it may be an unhealthy choice if you live somewhere where winters get cold.
The ADX9-BS will work well with almost any aftermarket charger. The articles are multi-directional, and that means you can hook in either from the front or the sides. If you’re buying this battery, you’re probably utilizing it in wintertime. Be sure you benefit from how easy it really is to attach a trickle charger. The ADX9-BS includes a 30-day money-back guarantee, and a twelve months replacing warranty.
- Good deal
- Extremely light to get a medium sized electric battery
- Absorbed Cup Mat style
- 30-day time money-back guarantee and twelve months replacement unit warrnty
- Just 120 cool crank amps
8 Mighty Utmost YTX14AH
The Mighty Max YTX14AH is our final entry, and it’s a medium sized battery. It measures 5”x3.5”x6.5”, and weighs a moderate 10.14 pounds. This is purely a replacement battery. It’s not anyone’s OEM. It’s a solid, all-around power sports battery, helpful for motorcycles, ATVs and aircraft skis. Your producer will understand whether this electric battery suits your ATV.
Just like the ADX9-BS, the YTX14AH includes a rubberized plastic case. This makes it extremely durable, and allows it to stand up to years of abuse. It also has an extra soft top, which stands higher than the contact posts. This makes the YTX14AH virtually drop-proof.
This battery uses Absorbed Glass Mat technology. This means it will never have to be refilled. It’s also spill-proof, therefore you can support it in virtually any path. Whether your ATV is made for an upright electric battery or a side-mounted electric battery, the YTX14AH are certain to get the job completed. Having said that, it just delivers 210 cool crank amps. In the event that you reside in a colder climate, you’ll want to take that into consideration.
This battery works well with most aftermarket chargers. Like the ADX9-BS, it has multi-directional posts. You can connect this battery from the front or your side, on your charger or on your ATV. This charger also comes with a 30-day refund policy, and a twelve months manufacturer’s guarantee.
- Rubberized style for longevity
- Absorbed Cup Mat design
- 30-day time refund policy and one year warranty
- Only 210 chilly crank amps
- Within the heavier part for mid-sized batteries
Best ATV Batteries Buying Guideline
The kind of battery you buy is going to depend on many elements. Your ATV, your install style, your traveling style, as well as your local weather conditions can play one factor. Before you get, look at a few stuff:
- Could it be appropriate for your ATV? That is easy to ignore, but it’s the very first thing you should verify when you’re buying an ATV battery. Battery mounts can vary by make, model, model 12 months, and even on different packages of the same model. Batteries can be mounted upright or on their side. Contacts can connect from your left or the right, and positive and negative terminals can be on either part.
- What kind of weather do you trip in? If you’re a warm-weather rider or reside in the South, may very well not worry about frosty crank amps. Alternatively, if you want to trip when the weather’s sharp, cool crank amps could be everything. How many cool crank amps you will need depends on what ATV you trip. A 400cc engine will require much less amperage to start out when compared to a 1500cc engine. This is one more thing you’ll have to consult with your producer about.
- How much weight is acceptable? For casual riders, the difference between a 7 pound battery and an 11 pound battery is trivial. You won’t notice any difference in terms of everyday performance. That said, you may be a competitive rider. If you’re going for maximum speed, every ounce can mean lost acceleration and lost races. You’ll also be less concerned about strength and cool crank amperage. If so, a lighter, lower efficiency battery may suit you perfectly.
- The type of battery could it be? Lead acidity batteries deliver the very best efficiency at the cheapest cost. That is a time-tested, tested design that’s simple to produce. Budget batteries have a tendency to be lead acid, and honestly they should be. If you see a cheap battery that’s of a different type, steer clear. They had to save money somewhere else to afford a more expensive design. On the other hand, lead acid batteries can be time-consuming and dangerous to maintain. When you can afford it, consider another choice.
- How long lasting is the electric battery? For operating on a street or a monitor, car-style electric batteries will do the work just great. If you’re operating in the woods, on the trail, or higher obstacles, look at a more durable battery pack. Vibrations, jolts and various other rough activities may take a toll on batteries, causing them to leak. Trust us, you don’t want to be cleaning up that kind of corrosive mess.
- Cycle life and warranties. Like with anything you buy, look for a good manufacturer’s warranty. This lets you know a lot in what they think about their own item. Also, be sure to go through the manufacturer’s graded cycle lifestyle for the electric battery. This lets you know how many occasions the battery can be fully charged and discharged during its lifetime. Batteries with a higher cycle life will tend to last longer.
An excellent battery is among the most important buys you may make for your ATV. In case your ignition doesn’t start, nothing else issues. A discount battery pack may appear to be a good idea at first, but it may fail when you need it most. The last thing you need is to be separated from the trail. An improved battery might cost more, nonetheless it could be really worth the expenditure.
We wish you liked among these eight ATV electric batteries enough to help make the buy. If you decided to look elsewhere, we hope you found our tips helpful. Thanks for reading.